ORK integration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
badlysynced

Re: ORK integration

Post by badlysynced »

[CompilerError] There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'showConsole' of 'QuestHandler.AddQuest(int, bool, bool, bool)'
Compiler Error at Assets\Pixel Crushers\Dialogue System\Third Party Support\ORK Framework Support\Scripts\DialogueSystemOrkBridge.cs:265 column 42

I think ORK has changed the method definition to have one more parameter :

Code: Select all

public bool AddQuest(int questID, bool ignoreRequirements, bool showNotification, bool showConsole);
So i added another 'true' to the method call.

public static void ORKAddQuest(string questName)
        {
            ORKFramework.ORK.Game.Quests.AddQuest(GetQuestID(questName), true, true, true);
        }
And that fixed the error. this is just to inform you.
ORK, QM and third party support are all latest versions as of today.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll check the latest ORK and update the integration. Thanks for the info!
badlysynced

Post by badlysynced »

I want to use bot quest machine and dialogue system with ORK.
Kindly tell me the exact order of asset installation, including third party packages.

What i have done is
1. ORK
2. quest machine
3. quest machine ORK integration package
4. dialogue system
5. Common folder dialogue system integration package
6. quest machine dialogue system integration package
7. dialogue system ORK integration package

If possible guide me to create a conversation and quest using the above setup
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That's a fine order.

After you import those packages, make sure there are no errors or warnings in the Console window.

Then I recommend familiarizing yourself with each asset individually (ORK, DS, and QM) before using the integrations.
Once you are comfortable with each asset individually, import the DS ORK example project and play it. This will show you how the DS integration works.

Then import the QM ORK example project and play it. This will show you how the QM integration works.

If you have any questions after that, please let me know. I'll be happy to help!
badlysynced

Post by badlysynced »

There were no warnings or errors.
i did the qm demos, and ds demos and qm-ds integration demo.
i am quite familiar with ORK.

earlier, not recently, i did the ds-ork demo (qm was not installed then) and i was getting some missing event errors. i will do them again and let you know.

Thanks
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!
badlysynced

Post by badlysynced »

This is the error i get when using DS ORK integration scenes with the ORK Tutorial Demo. Error is for NPC_blue. The error doesnt present itself in the scene from the ORK Tutorial. Doesnt seem to have issue with green pants and i was able to understand how DS and ORK will work together. Thanks
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I don't know if that's related to the integration or a setting in your project. If you'd like to get to the bottom of the error, please reproduce it and click on the error message in the Console window. Then press Ctrl+C (Cmd+C on Mac) to copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into a reply.
badlysynced

Post by badlysynced »

Tony Li wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:53 am Hi,

I don't know if that's related to the integration or a setting in your project. If you'd like to get to the bottom of the error, please reproduce it and click on the error message in the Console window. Then press Ctrl+C (Cmd+C on Mac) to copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into a reply.
Order of integration and steps to reproduce error:
1. Create New Project
2. Import ORK
3. Import DS
4. Import DS-ORK integration
5. Import ORK Tutorial Files (Completed tutorial)
6. Use the 2 scenes provided in the integration folder instead of the ones in the ORK tutorial.
7. Add the scenes in build settings
8. Run Main Menu scene and click on new game
9. When Town scene is loaded you will get the error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ORKFramework.CheckVariableBase.Check (System.String key, ORKFramework.VariableHandler handler) (at <fdbcec5ffff242b5aeb81435ada87c61>:0)
ORKFramework.CheckGameVariable.Check (ORKFramework.VariableHandler handler) (at <fdbcec5ffff242b5aeb81435ada87c61>:0)
ORKFramework.VariableCondition.CheckVariables (ORKFramework.VariableHandler handler) (at <fdbcec5ffff242b5aeb81435ada87c61>:0)
ORKFramework.VariableCondition.CheckVariables () (at <fdbcec5ffff242b5aeb81435ada87c61>:0)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseConditionComponent.CheckVariables () (at <fdbcec5ffff242b5aeb81435ada87c61>:0)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseConditionComponent.CheckConditions () (at <fdbcec5ffff242b5aeb81435ada87c61>:0)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseConditionComponent.CheckAutoDestroy () (at <fdbcec5ffff242b5aeb81435ada87c61>:0)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction.Start () (at <fdbcec5ffff242b5aeb81435ada87c61>:0)
When i click on this error, NPC_blue is selected in the hierarchy and in the inspector it says "event file not found". When i get out of play mode and open the Town scene and select NPC_blue, i can see that it has an event file "bluePantsDialogue ".

This error does not bother me, i just wanted to let you know.
badlysynced

Post by badlysynced »

Tony Li wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:53 am Hi,

Found the issue. In the "Event Interaction" Component of the NPC_blue gameobject.

Is valid is checked in your examples

but in the original tutorial its not

changing it solved the issue.
Thanks