Some questions.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Save System for Opsive Character Controllers.
Al.Bundy

Re: Some questions.

Post by Al.Bundy »

Jesus this is perfect :o
Thank you so much !
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help! :-)
chrislow19

Post by chrislow19 »

Hi Tony, looks like you answered my question in this thread. Quick question, where exactly to add the script? I've got the Menu System, which I believe is what controls the save system. Is that right, and should I add this there?

Thanks.

Edit: I didn't notice this was for Opsive Controllers. I'm using your Menu System for saving purposes.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Chris,

No problem. The Save System is normally on the Dialogue Manager GameObject, so add the script there.
chrislow19

Post by chrislow19 »

Hi Tony,

Any thoughts on why this error might have popped up? It appears to be related to the PlaymakerGlobalVarsSaver - I noticed it popped up after using the scene warp I set up in the game. Of note - I recently started using PlayMaker this past couple weeks (I've been using Dialogue System for a couple of months). All of my PlayMaker FSM's are currently separate from scenewarp objects though. This error hasn't changed my ability to load scenes via scene warp either.

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (118.53 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Chris,

Inspect your PlayMakerGlobalVariableSaver component. Try assigning a unique string to its Key field, such as "PM Globals".

It may be that two savers are saving their data under the same key. When PlayMakerGlobalVariableSaver asks for its saved data, it may be receiving the data from the other saver instead.

If that doesn't fix it, it may be a bug in Unity's JSON parser. If so, what version of Unity are you using? When this happens, what are your global variables and their values?
chrislow19

Post by chrislow19 »

Tony, you're right, it was the two savers issue. Assigning a unique string worked and the error has been eliminated with extreme prejudice.

Thank you good sir!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!
muramasa

Post by muramasa »

Tony Li wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:55 pm Happy to help! :-)
Hey Tony! Thanks for your script to bring hope to me. lol
But it seems can not save Playmaker global array... would you try to add it, please?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll add that to the roadmap. I'll plan for it to support arrays of bool, int, float, or string.