Editor crashes (2018.1)

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
GorkaGames

Editor crashes (2018.1)

Post by GorkaGames »

I have just bought your product. On a 2018.2 installation with a few assets the software runs good but on our 2018.1 pruduction project we can create databases and quests on edit mode succesfully but as soon as we press play the FPS go down to 5 and the editor crashes a few seconds later. I's the first time it happens to us with an asset. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times but i always come across with the same issue.
I don't know how to send you any details as there is not an error I can check on the console.
Any ideas? We had to unsitall defenetly the asset to keep working. Thanks.
Tony Li

Re: Editor crashes (2018.1)

Post by Tony Li »

Hi David,

Can you please reproduce the error and, as soon as Unity crashes, email me this file?

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor\Editor.log

Something else to try: If you close all Quest Machine windows (Quest Editor, Quest Generator, etc.) before pressing play, does it still crash?

Please check your email (from tony (at) pixelcrushers.com). I emailed you a download link for a patch version. It doesn't specifically address crashes because no crashes have been reported before, but it might fix your issue anyway.
GorkaGames

Post by GorkaGames »

Hi , thanks for the quick response yesterday.
Apparently now is woking fine when I close all the quest tabs, so I'll try to close them all before pressing the play button in the editor.
I'll send you the log if it crashes again.
Anyway I get this error in the console:

Invalid editor window UnityEditor.FallbackEditorWindow
UnityEditor.EditorApplicationLayout:FinalizePlaymodeLayout()

One Moore Thing: I didn't get your file on the email (I just received 1 email withou any link)

Regards,
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
GorkaGames wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 amHi , thanks for the quick response yesterday.
Apparently now is woking fine when I close all the quest tabs, so I'll try to close them all before pressing the play button in the editor.
I'll send you the log if it crashes again.
Anyway I get this error in the console:

Invalid editor window UnityEditor.FallbackEditorWindow
UnityEditor.EditorApplicationLayout:FinalizePlaymodeLayout()
You can try to switch to Default layout. In the upper right of the Unity editor, select Layout > Default. If that doesn't fix it, you can revert your layouts to factory settings: Layout > Revert To Factory Settings.
GorkaGames wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 amOne Moore Thing: I didn't get your file on the email (I just received 1 email withou any link)
The email contained a download link, not an attachment. I just PM'ed you another copy of the link.
GorkaGames

Post by GorkaGames »

Solved! no more crashes :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Great! Was it the patch, or something else?
GorkaGames

Post by GorkaGames »

I don't know really, I think the issue came from the demo (I installed the demo before purchasing the product).
I swithced to standard layer also and closed and restart the PC and now everything goes great :)