Quest is not registered with Quest Machine error

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Dmangames

Quest is not registered with Quest Machine error

Post by Dmangames »

Hi,

I have recently purchased Quest Machine, so forgive me if this is a simple question as I might have overlooked something.

I have followed the instructions for creating a Quest and a Quest Database. I have added the Quest to the Quest Database and changed the Demo Quest Database to the one I want in the Quest Machine inspector.

However, I keep getting this error:

Code: Select all

Dialogue System: Can't find Quest Machine quest with ID 'goingGreen' to get its state.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
And the debug mode spits this out:

Code: Select all

Quest Machine: A quest instance with ID 'goingGreen' is not registered with Quest Machine.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
I am trying to use Question Machine with Dialogue System. I have used the QM to DS tool to add the quests to the DS.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Quest is not registered with Quest Machine error

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks for buying Quest Machine!

Have you added a Quest Giver component to an NPC (or the player) and assigned the quest to its Quests list?

You may want to get the quest to work first without involving the Dialogue System. Once everything's set up on the Quest Machine side, you can bring the Dialogue System into it. It's just simpler to do it piece by piece like this, at least for your first QM quest.
Dmangames

Post by Dmangames »

Hi Tony,

It worked after I added a Quest Giver component. Is this component required? I am just assigning quests through the dialogue system. Also is it possible to use the Inventory Engine for the quest counter? For example a quest needs 3 apples, can I check the inventory engine to see if I have 3 apples to progress the quest?

Thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
Dmangames wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:14 pmIt worked after I added a Quest Giver component. Is this component required?
Each Quest Machine quest needs to be present on at least one Quest Giver (e.g., NPC), Quest Journal (e.g., player), or Quest List Container component, even if you're running them through Dialogue System conversations.
Dmangames wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:14 pmAlso is it possible to use the Inventory Engine for the quest counter? For example a quest needs 3 apples, can I check the inventory engine to see if I have 3 apples to progress the quest?
Inventory Engine integration is on the roadmap. Version 1.0.7 is releasing this week. I'll try to get Inventory Engine support into 1.0.8.