Quest Drop Down

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
wattoo

Quest Drop Down

Post by wattoo »

Hello,

So  I'm delving further in to the recesses making progress. It's slow, but that's more down to our game's complexity more than the dialogue system.

I'm using the quest system as a kind of debug hack at the moment for dialogue triggers. I've noticed that when I'm inside the dialogue database I can set quest conditions on certain dialogues. This is done via a drop down box. Use the quest components though, there's no dropdown box you type it in by hand with case sensitive errors aplenty. As it's only referencing the same quests, could this not be a dropdown box too?

Obligatory additional question. I have a pickup item that i want to register for the quest system, but i can't see an item trigger component. Do I just use a quest trigger?

Thanks a lot
Tony Li

Quest Drop Down

Post by Tony Li »

3208 wrote: Hello, So I’m delving further in to the recesses making progress. It’s slow, but that’s more down to our game’s complexity more than the dialogue system. I’m using the quest system as a kind of debug hack at the moment for dialogue triggers. I’ve noticed that when I’m inside the dialogue database I can set quest conditions on certain dialogues. This is done via a drop down box. Use the quest components though, there’s no dropdown box you type it in by hand with case sensitive errors aplenty. As it’s only referencing the same quests, could this not be a dropdown box too?

This has been a long-standing request from users. I intend to add it in the next release.

3208 wrote: Obligatory additional question. I have a pickup item that i want to register for the quest system, but i can’t see an item trigger component. Do I just use a quest trigger? Thanks a lot

For items, use a Lua condition and/or Lua Trigger. The Lua wizards in the next release will have drop-downs for Actors, Items, and Locations. In the meantime, you'll have to enter the code manually. For example, say you've defined a Number field named "Count" in your items. When the player picks up an item named "Ore", you increment the Count field in the dialogue database. To check if the player has any Ore, add this Lua condition:

Item[Ore].Count > 0
wattoo

Quest Drop Down

Post by wattoo »

Beaut. Nice one.

See you tomorrow :)