SetContinueMode(original) Now Triggers Autoplay (Bug?)

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
lcn_mc

SetContinueMode(original) Now Triggers Autoplay (Bug?)

Post by lcn_mc »

Hey everyone.

Ever since updating the Dialogue System for Unity to its most-recent version (2.2.45), using the SetContinueMode() sequencer command seems to be unintentionally triggering autoplay where it didn't previously.

I've been using SetContinueMode to introduce forced 'pauses' to prevent the player from continuing to the next step in the conversation so I can do things in the background. (Such as moving the player to a new location, changing the background, and so on.) This is the specific command I'm using for this:

Code: Select all

required SetContinueMode(false); SetContinueMode(original)@3;
However, since updating to 2.2.45, whenever that sequencer command executes, it performs the pause, but then it instantly enables autoplay, and autoplay stays on until I toggle it off using an existing Playmaker FSM I setup to let the player toggle autoplay on and off. (And I've also checked on that FSM; it's not being triggered at all, so it's not causing this issue.)

In the Dialogue Manager's main game object, 'Continue Button' is set to 'Always,' and I've not touched any settings in there, either.

So, my working theory is that something changed in the patch, which is now causing this unwanted behavior.

Has anyone else run into this issue?
Tony Li

Re: SetContinueMode(original) Now Triggers Autoplay (Bug?)

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I think that's a bug. You can download the patch here:

DS_SetContinueModeOriginalPatch_2024-04-20.unitypackage
lcn_mc

Post by lcn_mc »

Thanks for the quick reply here, Tony.

Downloaded and applied the patch, and things look to be behaving normally again. I'm doing some playtesting and bug fixing today in the project, so I'll post again if this issue comes up after I do more testing.

Appreciate the help as always, but please enjoy your weekend and don't worry about responding to stuff like this when you should be relaxing. I wasn't even expecting a reply here until the middle of the week. :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

No worries, and glad to help! This was a case where I replaced SetContinueMode() with improved code and left the 'original' keyword disabled when debugging but forgot to re-enable it after it passed a different test.