Welcome window checkboxes disabled

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
destrucity

Welcome window checkboxes disabled

Post by destrucity »

Hi,

I'm trying to check the welcome window's USE_PHYSICS2D checkbox and many of the checkboxes are disabled. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Thanks!!
Tony Li

Re: Welcome window checkboxes disabled

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Are you using the Asset Store version or the eval version in this project?

In any case, you can manually add USE_PHYSICS2D by selecting menu item Edit > Project Settings. Then add it to Player -> Other Settings > Scripting Define Symbols and click Accept. Or select menu item Tools > Pixel Crushers > Common > Misc > Enable Physics2D Support. That will add the scripting define symbol for you, too.
destrucity

Post by destrucity »

I've noticed this with the academic version and the evaluation version (while I personally own the asset pack, I am a college teacher that you have shared the academic version with in the past and I have my students use it for a class). I did use the steps you shared as a workaround, but I think that since the tutorial videos use 2D, it might be nice to enable this checkbox.

Thanks!
destrucity

Post by destrucity »

Or maybe just adding a note about Tools > Pixel Crushers > Common > Misc > Enable Physics2D Support to the tutorial video at the timestamp where you mention checking the box would be the simplest solution. Just suggestions, thanks again for your continued support!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll double check that the Welcome Window shows the USE_PHYSICS2D checkbox as ticked in the academic and evaluation versions. The DLLs in those versions are compiled with the USE_PHYSICS2D scripting define symbol, so it might just be a UI issue.