Quest Journal

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Reddred

Quest Journal

Post by Reddred »

Hey I am not sure if I am missing something or just watching an old tutorial video that hasn't been updated, however, when using the OnPress Action Input with my NPC quest giver the tutorial states that I should add the quest journal to it. The issue is that I cannot slot it in when I do that, as there is no slot. Am I missing something?
Tony Li

Re: Quest Journal

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If you want to show or toggle the visibility of the quest journal UI, two good ways are:

1. Configure your input to call this C# method:

Code: Select all

using PixelCrushers.QuestMachine; // (put at top of script)
QuestMachine.GetQuestJournal().ToggleJournalUI();
2. Or add a QuestJournalButton component to a UI Button, and configure the UI Button's OnClick() (or any other UnityEvent) to call its ToggleJournalUI() method.
Reddred

Post by Reddred »

Thanks for the reply thanks to you I was able to fix the issue. I am using the button. Also, we chatted on a YouTube video about adding the pause player to the OnOpen() event. I got everything working when the journal opens the player pauses and when I close the journal the player unpauses. However, after moving around if I need to open the journal again opening the journal no longer pauses the player. I am attaching an image of my set up for the Journal UI to allow you to see if I have done anything wrong. Thanks again for all the help Tony.
Screenshot 2024-01-19 132656.png
Screenshot 2024-01-19 132656.png (47.11 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Does the "Shooter Example" scene included in Quest Machine's Invector integration work correctly?

If so, can you compare your setup to it?

If that doesn't help, please feel free to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com. I'd be happy to take a look.
Reddred

Post by Reddred »

Shooter example did work and it helped me to see that I put the wrong component into the onClose I typed in Unpause instead of telling it to call message 1
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Cool, I'm glad you found the issue. If any other questions come up, just ask!