Quest Won't Stop Showing In the HUD

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
junwi21

Quest Won't Stop Showing In the HUD

Post by junwi21 »

I have "untrack completed quests" checked in my config and I confirm the quest is being marked completed. I also set so only active quest should show in HUD

But when I complete the quest, it doesn't disappear from the HUD.
Odd thing is - when I have another quest in the log, the first one does disappear from the HUD when I complete it
Tony Li

Re: Quest Won't Stop Showing In the HUD

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

When a quest changes to a completed state (e.g., successful), it checks if the Quest Machine Configuration's "Untrack Completed Quests" checkbox is ticked. If so, it sets the quest's Show In Track HUD property to false. When this property changes, it sends a message "Quest Track Toggle Changed". The Quest Journal will receive this message and tell the journal UI and HUD to refresh their displays.

If this isn't happening properly in your project, can you send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com or the steps to manually create a reproduction scenario?
junwi21

Post by junwi21 »

So, this is not happening with an unmodified Quest HUD prefab. I was looking for differences.
My edited prefab has a custom tag on it (I use it the tag to fade out the Quest HUD during dialog)

I moved the tag and the canvas group for fading out to the Content Panel child instead and it works.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Strange that the tag made the difference, but I'm glad it's working now.