I have dialogue components problem at questmachine

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
DebugJk

I have dialogue components problem at questmachine

Post by DebugJk »

When I add the Dialogue System Quest Alert UI and the Dialog System Quest Dialog UI components to the quest machine prefab there is a problem that the quest Panel or the quest acceptance button does not come out.
I want to do the quest automatically while talking.
Am I the only one with this problem?

++

When I want to test the quest I've made after completing the game, is there a way to move on to the quest at the point in time I want? Is there only a way to test while proceeding with the quest from the beginning?

The sentence may be weird because i using a translator

-Thank you :)
Tony Li

Re: I have dialogue components problem at questmachine

Post by Tony Li »

DebugJk wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:52 amWhen I add the Dialogue System Quest Alert UI and the Dialog System Quest Dialog UI components to the quest machine prefab there is a problem that the quest Panel or the quest acceptance button does not come out.
I want to do the quest automatically while talking.
Use the GiveQuest() Lua function. See: Quest Machine Dialogue System Integration video tutorial.

DebugJk wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:52 amWhen I want to test the quest I've made after completing the game, is there a way to move on to the quest at the point in time I want? Is there only a way to test while proceeding with the quest from the beginning?
Here is one way:
  • Create an empty GameObject and deactivate it.
  • Add a Dialogue System Trigger component. Set it to OnStart.
  • Select Add Action > Run Lua Code.
  • Use Lua functions to give quests and set states, such as GiveQuest() and SetQuestNodeState().
  • Play the scene.
  • When you want to give the quests and set states, activate the GameObject.