Known bugs duplicating quests or quest nodes?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
cfinger

Known bugs duplicating quests or quest nodes?

Post by cfinger »

Hi, first of all thanks for the great asset, I'm using it for my game Cleared Hot. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1710820/Cleared_Hot/

I've run into an issue where quests stop working that that were either duplicated entirely (by using ctrl-D in the asset window in Unity), or whose quest nodes were copy-pasted from other quests. Their quest IDs were unique and I couldn't spot any other issue. When I recreated the same quest with the same content in a new quest file, everything worked.

Is there a correct process for duplicating quests and quest nodes?

Thank you!
Colin
Tony Li

Re: Known bugs duplicating quests or quest nodes?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

There's a known issue with copy-pasting nodes across different quests. I'm working on a fix for that in the next release.

I'm not aware of any issues with duplicating entire quest assets via Ctrl+D. What kind of issue were you seeing?

p.s. - Cleared Hot looks nice! I'm an 80s kid, and the trailer gave me Airwolf vibes. :-)
cfinger

Re: Known bugs duplicating quests or quest nodes?

Post by cfinger »

Okay understood. Looking forward to that next release- copy-pasting nodes across quests will save me a lot of time. I'm not sure if you consider these requests in your prioritization of tasks, but if so consider this a +1 for copy-pasting nodes :)

I think I just wasn't sure if it was duplicating quests or copy-pasting nodes across quests that caused the issue, so it seems there is no problem with duplicating entire quests.

And thanks! Haha yeah I've had a few requests for the Airwolf helicopter.