Use SS with Dialogue System LoadLevel

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Scene Streamer.
PCGuest0

Use SS with Dialogue System LoadLevel

Post by PCGuest0 »

Hi Tony,
I owned multiple products from you. SS so far is my preference streaming tool over other bigger & over featured tools. However there are a few minor things I wish you could iron out in the next update to make it work better with Dialogue System. Below is what I found, to reproduce;

In SS scene(s), use DialogueSystem's trigger LoadLevel(levelName, [spawnpoint] to load into a new scene, finish whatever business in there then LoadLevel(levelName, [spawnpoint] and get back out to the previous scene. A few things happened, the "NeighboringScenes", "SceneEdge" features no longer working. In fact, it seems that all SS functionalities are no longer working even though all the colliders & scripts are still there in the scene.
Tony Li

Re: Use SS with Dialogue System LoadLevel

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The next Scene Streamer update will work with the Dialogue System and the Pixel Crushers shared save system.
PCGuest0

Re: Use SS with Dialogue System LoadLevel

Post by PCGuest0 »

That's good! Really looking forward to it.

I found that the "NeighboringScenes" not always show up in Editor runtime, or in builds. Mostly during the first time running it. but in the second try they usually appear properly. It seems that the scene never get to be completely loaded or stop mid way. Setting Wait Time to very high doesn't fix it. The Neighbor Distance is correctly set.

It is an unpredictability that worries me, is there a way to force NeighboringScenes always load?