Mouse Cursor Disabled

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Save System for Opsive Character Controllers.
vectorfrog

Mouse Cursor Disabled

Post by vectorfrog »

Hello,

I'm not sure where to put this one, so I'll start here I guess. I'm having a problem with the mouse cursor being disabled after a saved game is loaded.

After a game is loaded, I have to press the Escape key to keep enabling it every time I click on a button, or open a menu. The behavior appears only after loading from a saved game.

Before loading a game, the mouse cursor is enabled all the time, so I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I have misplaced.

Thanks!
Tony Li

Re: Mouse Cursor Disabled

Post by Tony Li »

Please remind me if you're using the Menu Framework addon? And any other integrations, or other frameworks that control the mouse cursor even if they're not explicitly integrated? (For example, character controllers commonly hide the cursor.)
vectorfrog

Post by vectorfrog »

No, I'm not using any other frameworks or api's. Just DS, QM and Opsive UCC.

I have the Disable Cursor unticked on the Unity Input component.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

How are you loading the game? Are you using the DemoMenu script? SaveSystemTestMenu? Something else?
vectorfrog

Post by vectorfrog »

I have a main menu scene, that has a button to click. Click that button, it calls SaveSystem.LoadScene() to load my main game scene.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry, I just noticed that you said the mouse disappears every time you click a button or open a menu.

Does your scene have an Input Device Manager component (e.g., on the Dialogue Manager)? If so, try unticking Control Cursor State. Also please let me know if you've turned off the Dialogue Manager's Don't Destroy On Load checkbox.

I believe that's the only place where QM or DS might hide the cursor in the scenario you describe. If that doesn't fix it, check the player's Unity Input component after loading the saved game. Is Disable Cursor still unticked?

Please feel free to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com.
vectorfrog

Post by vectorfrog »

No, I am not using the Input Device Manager Component. It makes no difference if I do. I also forgot to mention that I am using the Ultimate Inventory System, so that is when I am noticing no the no cursor situation, when opening the inventory menu. I'll keep digging on this one.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

You may need to contact Opsive about that. They have a Discord server where the UIS developer is very responsive Monday-Friday.