More Mountains inventory engine integration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Save System for Opsive Character Controllers.
robloxillian

More Mountains inventory engine integration

Post by robloxillian »

Looking at the documentation for MM inventory engine integration, it seems like it might refer to an older style of package importing. When I got to Assets > Import Package, the only option I see is "Custom Package" which opens a file explorer. I am currently using both MM inventory engine and PixelCrushers dialogue system plugin, and my goal is to include MM inventories in the objects saved using the PixelCrushers plugin. Sorry if I just missed something in the documentation or Unity menus, but I haven't been able to find it. How should I currently go about integrating the MM inventory plugin?
Tony Li

Re: More Mountains inventory engine integration

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

"Custom Package" is exactly what you want to use. It's not an older style. These integration packages don't use Package Manager because they're already included in the Third Party Support folder. You just need to navigate your file selection window to the Third Party Support folder(s) and select the unitypackages that you want to import. For Inventory Engine, there are two files:

Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Common / Third Party Support / Inventory Engine Support.unitypackage
Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Dialogue System / Third Party Support / Inventory Engine Support.unitypackage

If you're using Quest Machine instead of the Dialogue System, replace "Dialogue System" above with "Quest Machine".

Then put InventoryEngineSaver components on whatever Inventory Engine inventory GameObjects you need to save.