Image colors adjustable

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Boimans

Image colors adjustable

Post by Boimans »

Hi,

We have an actor that uses an image of a face. During dialogue the pic is loaded correctly, but the colors are wrong. The face is too dark. I guess your system uses the default unity settings for images (128 for all rgba values).

If we use the same pic in a plain Unity GUITexture with the default 128 values, we see the same as in the dialogue system. We can change the color manually for the GUITexture. Then they are ok. So it's not the pic.

We want to change the color of the NPC Portrait Image like this: rgba to r:238, g:238, b238 a:128 (or something).

Where do I do that?
Tony Li

Image colors adjustable

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If you're using Unity GUI (the legacy GUI system), portrait images call GUI.Label to draw the image. Edit the GUI skin assigned to your GUI Root. Edit the GUI style assigned to the portrait image's GUI Style Name field. If the field is blank, it uses the default "label" style. Expand Normal and OnNormal, and set the RGBA to your desired values. If this doesn't work, please let me know, and feel free to email a sample project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com
Boimans

Image colors adjustable

Post by Boimans »

At Normal and OnNormal, I only see a field for Background Texture and a field for Text Color that can be changed. I can change the color of the text (so I think I'm in the right place), but not the color of the Image itself.
Tony Li

Image colors adjustable

Post by Tony Li »

I'll look into this and post a solution later today.
Tony Li

Image colors adjustable

Post by Tony Li »

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you reported. Would you please email a sample scene or project (preferably as an exported unitypackage) to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? If it's too big for email, please let me know so I can email you FTP site access. Also, what version of Unity are you using?
Boimans

Image colors adjustable

Post by Boimans »

Hi,

Before I forget, thank you for your effort. You know what, I just solved our problem (my import settings were wrong: Sprite instead of GUI), but the question still remains: how can I chenge the colors of the pic in a prortait.

I use version 4.5.5f1.

I made a sample project in which the problem is clearly visible. I zipped it and put it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/315 ... ushers.zip

If you prefer your ftp sollution, I can do that too.

I also made a screenshot to show the different colors here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/315 ... Colors.jpg

Tony Li

Image colors adjustable

Post by Tony Li »

I'll add a color option to GUILabel and GUIImage in the next release (coming out on December 15).
Tony Li

Image colors adjustable

Post by Tony Li »

Version 1.4.1 (with an image color option) is now available on the Pixel Crushers customer download site, and should be on the Unity Asset Store in a few days.
Boimans

Image colors adjustable

Post by Boimans »

Thank you, most helpful, as always.
Tony Li

Image colors adjustable

Post by Tony Li »

My pleasure! Version 1.4.1 is now also on the Asset Store.