Differences on Touch Devices?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
andrew2110

Post by andrew2110 »

http://www.blueomega.me/QuestWalk.mp4

The video above shows a user walking up to the NPC and clicking on an NGUI button to trigger the OnUse function of a ConversationTrigger object. This works fine in Unity IDE, but even though the button event still fires and calls the OnUse function but no conversations ever appear. Is there something different about running on Android I should be aware of?

I get the same behaviour when I swap out the NGUI dialogue ui with one of the built in UI's.
andrew2110

Post by andrew2110 »

Just incase anyone finds this post in future, there was no issue with Dialogue System here. After debugging (note when debugging on android devices running: adb logcat -s Unity is very useful), I found out for one reason or another, my Lua variables were not being initialised properly, meaning there were no valid entries for conversations meaning it would just look like nothing was happening.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Andrew, I'm glad this is working now, and I'm so sorry I missed your original post! I don't know what went wrong with the forum notifications. In the future, if you don't get a response within 24 hours, please feel free to email me directly at tony (at) pixelcrushers.com.
andrew2110

Post by andrew2110 »

Oh it's quite alright, I had a suspicion that it was always an error on my part as to why it wasn't work, was a nice feeling when it finally did work on mobiles though!