I2Localization 3rd Party Support Error

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
tom

I2Localization 3rd Party Support Error

Post by tom »

Hey Tony & DS users,

If you use I2 Localization and have the Language names set to the actual languages' names (e.g. Русский or 日本語) and also use the Dialogue System's I2 integration, you will receive Lua parsing errors. The support scripts generate field names using the Language names and will use the unsupported unicode. I fixed this by having the scripts use GetLanguagesCode and CurrentLanguageCode instead of GetLanguages throughout.

If you are wondering why anyone would not use the English generated Language names inside I2, the auto-generated Language selection dropdown and also the spreadsheets you export for translators use the Language names you set inside the I2Localizations prefab. It would then make sense for the user-facing Language names to be displayed in the actual language.
Tony Li

Re: I2Localization 3rd Party Support Error

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Tom,

Very good point! I'll update the i2 Localization support package this week and post back here when it's available.
Tony Li

Re: I2Localization 3rd Party Support Error

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The Dialogue System Extras page has an updated i2 Localization support package (direct download).

You can now specify to use language codes or language names. The default has been changed to language codes. Since language codes are generally in plain ASCII (e.g., 'fr', 'en', 'zh'.), they're compatible with Lua.