Portal and Player position

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Save System for Realistic FPS Prefab.
creativeocclusion

Portal and Player position

Post by creativeocclusion »

When the Player goes through the portal to change scenes, he sometimes appears in the next scene with his gun stuck pointing to the left and down...If I press SHIFT W he goes back to the normal IDLE animation...

This does not happen every time...This is why I cannot figure out what is causing it...It happens about 1 out of 3 times...

Not sure if this is a Unity problem or something with the Save System....I am using Unity 5.6...

Thanks for any help....
Tony Li

Re: Portal and Player position

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll look into this and reply back later today!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. I've reached out to Azuline for direction. I think it has something to do with gun sway, but that bit of RFPS code is rather twisty and I want to make sure I don't introduce any side effects. If you pick up any more details, please let me know. Does this only happen when the player sprints through a portal?
creativeocclusion

I believe it mostly happens when you sprint into portal.... I will try it out different ways and let you know... Thanks for looking into it for me....
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I got some feedback from Azuline on how to address this. I'll try to make a patch available by tomorrow.
creativeocclusion

Does this only happen when the player sprints through a portal?
I have tested this and it can happen when you walk or run into the portal...
I got some feedback from Azuline on how to address this. I'll try to make a patch available by tomorrow
Thank you...
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'm afraid I still haven't been able to reproduce it. It might be related to timing, perhaps affected by how long it takes to load a scene.

In any case, I just PM'ed you a fix that Azuline believes should address the issue.