The Dialogue System for Unity 1.5.5 is now available on the Pixel Crushers customer download site. Contact us with your Unity Asset Store invoice number if you need access. Version 1.5.5 should be available on the Unity Asset Store in a few days!
- Added: entrytaglocal sequencer keyword (localized entrytag).
- Added: OnBarkLine script message.
- Improved: Added DialogueManager.LoadAsset(name,type) overload to specify type.
- Changed: MoveTo() sequencer command now uses Rigidbody.MovePosition/Rotation if subject has rigidbody.
- Changed: Dialogue System debugging (set via Dialogue Manager > Debug Level) now only logs in debug builds (Debug.isDebugBuild).
- Fixed: Instantiated dialogue UI prefabs now set parent with Transform.SetParent(parent,false) to retain local transform settings.
- Fixed: ProximitySelector now prevents click passthrough from previous conversation to trigger.
- Fixed: VerificationError warning when playing hide animations on Unity UI dialogue UIs in webplayer builds.
- Unity UI: Added Always Visible checkbox to subtitle panels; improved typewriter effect (can use any text alignment, can pause & unpause).
Third Party Support
- Action-RPG Starter Kit: Added Persistent Player Spawner component; improved DSTeleporter component with more options; added ARPGLoadLevel() sequencer command.
- RT-Voice: Added support.
- SALSA with RandomEyes: Fixed timing issue when two sequential lines play on same SALSA character.
- S-Inventory: Updated for S-Inventory 1.27; can now transparently load from Resources or asset bundles; added Realistic FPS Prefab 2 Cameras example.
Love/Hate 1.6 has been submitted to the Unity Asset Store and should be available in a few days!
This update provides some minor improvements and mostly updates third-party support packages for PlayMaker, Makinom, ORK Framework, and TradeSys. If you’re using TradeSys 2.7, you must update to Love/Hate 1.6.
The Dialogue System for Unity 1.5.4 is now available on the Pixel Crushers customer download site. (Contact us with your Unity Asset Store invoice number if you need access.) It should be available on the Unity Asset Store in a few days!
- UPGRADING: If upgrading from 1.5.2 or earlier, delete your old Dialogue System folder first. As always, back up your project before upgrading assets.
- Added: Unity UIs: Runic, Mobile, JRPG2. Added Bundle UIs for Generic, Runic, and Mobile.
- Added: DialogueSystemTrigger.
- Added: Triggers can now fire on OnCollisionEnter/Exit.
- Added: Dialogue Editor > Quests: Added Track On Start checkbox.
- Added: Lua function GetLocalizedText.
- Improved: Dialogue Manager now automatically finds dialogue UI in children if Dialogue UI field is unassigned.
- Improved: Sequencer command SendMessage() now has optional ‘broadcast’ argument, ‘everyone’ keyword.
- Improved: Quest state dropdown values are now lowercase to match Lua.
- Changed: PersistentDestructible & IncrementOnDestroy only record destruction if component has been enabled.
Third Party Support
- Adventure Creator: Updated for AC 1.47.
- articy:draft: Fixed bug converting articy:espresso variables whose names were subsets of other variable names.
- Aurora/NWN: Now also imports custom variables from journals as well as dialogues.
- NGUI: NGUITextFieldUI autofocuses UIText.
- Realistic FPS Prefab: Fixed bug that caused player to take damage if saved game position was lower than scene start position.
- Third Person Controller: Added save system integration; updated for TPC 1.01.
- Added: Option to sum or average traits when inheriting from parents.
- Improved: Faction member inspector shows traits and relationships at design time, not just runtime.
- Makinom: Added support.
- ORK: Added SwitchFaction, InheritTraitsFromParents Steps.
- PlayMaker: Added SwitchFaction, InheritTraitsFromParents actions.
The Dialogue System for Unity 1.5.3 is now available on the Pixel Crushers customer download site. If you need access to the download site, please contact us with your Unity Asset Store invoice number. It should be available on the Unity Asset Store in a few days.
This release introduces some minor changes. Please note:
- Minimum Unity version is now Unity 4.6.5.
- When upgrading to 1.5.3, delete your old Dialogue System folder first, or at least delete these two subfolders: Prefabs/Unity Dialogue UIs and Scripts/Supplemental/UI. (As always, back up your project before upgrading assets.)
This release also adds support for Opsive’s excellent Third Person Controller.
- Added: Player Default Sequence (optional).
- Added: Sequencer commands SetContinueMode(true|false) and SetVariable(variableName,value).
- Added: Dialogue Manager > Display Settings > Input Settings > Include Invalid Entries checkbox; UnityDialogueUI and UnityUIDialogueUI show invalid entries as noninteractive.
- Improved: Dialogue Manager Wizard validates that dialogue UI is valid and automatically adds Canvas if assigning a Unity UI Dialogue UI.
- Improved: Sequencer command syntax now accepts whitespace between command and parentheses.
- Improved: UnityUIDialogueUI can now specify transition animations for NPC/PC Subtitle panels & Response Menu panel.
- Improved: Added Show Touch Screen Keyboard checkbox to UnityUITextFieldUI.
- Improved: Added continue button to JRPG2 UI(legacy Unity GUI).
- Improved: These components how automatically update quest tracker HUD: Condition Observer, Quest Trigger, Lua Trigger, Set Quest State On Dialogue Event, Lua On Dialogue Event.
- Improved: Quest Trigger now allows you to set quest entry (subtask) states.
- Changed: If switching to a new Dialogue Manager in another scene that uses the same initial database, retains the existing Lua environment.
- Changed: These sequencer commands now use Lerp instead of Slerp: LiveCamera(), LookAt(), MoveTo(), Zoom2D().
- Fixed: Continue Button mode “Not Before Response Menu” showed continue button if response menu had only 1 item.
- Fixed: Localized text table import & export now handles embedded carriage returns (), unusual line break formats.
- Fixed: Removed deprecated method warnings in editor code in Unity 5.
- Fixed: Conflict that prevented Windows Store & WP8 builds.
Third Party Support:
- Converter updated to handle articy:draft 2.4.
- Added support for properties IsItem, IsQuest.
- Aurora/Neverwinter Nights Toolset: Special handling for Hungarian characters that Aurora Toolset doesn’t export properly.
- CSV Converter: Fixed conversion bug caused by exporting from applications that fill out extra fields on all lines.
- ICode: ICodeVariableTrigger now automatically updates quest tracker HUD.
- Expanded Dialogue System Load Level action with more options.
- Added Level Will Be Unloaded action.
- Realistic FPS Prefab:
- Updated for RFPS 1.22 and for S-Inventory 1.25 integration.
- DialogueSystemOnPickUpItem now automatically updates quest tracker HUD.
- Added PersistentSmoothMouseLook.
- RPG Kit:
- Updated Dialogue Manager prefab’s dialogue UI to scale better in different screen sizes.
- Barker prefab now uses Unity UI.
- Updated for S-Inventory 1.25.
- Fixed an errant warning with ItemGroups.
- Third Person Controller: Added support.
Love/Hate 1.4 has been submitted to the Unity Asset Store, and is available for immediate download on the Pixel Crushers customer download site. If you’d like access to the site, please contact us.
The major features of this version are Adventure Creator support and improvements to inspectors for inherited traits and relationships.
- Added: FactionDatabase.DestroyFaction method (and equivalent actions for visual scripting systems).
- Improved: Can inherit traits from parents in inspector and at runtime.
- Improved: Faction database and faction member inspectors now show inherited relationships.
- Changed: Moved multiplayer example into separate package to avoid API warning in Unity 5.1.
- Adventure Creator: Added support.
- ORK Framework: Updated for ORK Framework 2.5.1; added CreateNewFaction and DestroyFaction steps.
- TradeSys: Enhanced support.
Version 1.5 will introduce support for Makinom!
Patch 2015-06-19 for the Dialogue System for Unity is available on the customer download site. Contact us with your Unity Asset Store invoice number if you’d like access.
This patch for Dialogue System 1.5.2 contains:
- Added: Display Settings > Input Settings > Include Invalid Entries checkbox; UnityDialogueUI and UnityUIDialogueUI show invalid responses as disabled buttons.
- Fixed: Conflict that prevented Windows Store & WP8 builds.
- Fixed: Fixed CSV Converter bug caused by exporting from applications that fill out extra fields on all lines.
- articy:draft: Updated Converter to handle articy:draft 2.4.
- Realistic FPS Prefab: Added PersistentSmoothMouseLook component to save player rotation.
- Added: Extra Databases component to load/unload extra dialogue databases.
- Added: Additional trigger events OnTriggerExit, OnDisable, OnDestroy.
- Improved: Bark Trigger & Conversation Trigger inspectors now highlight if not using Dialogue Manager’s Initial Database.
- Improved: TextInput() sequencer command now accepts variables for labels, ‘clear’ keyword.
- Improved: More error handling and info messages in NPC Setup Wizard.
- Improved: Condition Observer can now also run a sequence when triggered.
- Improved: SetPortrait() now handles “pic=varName”.
- Improved: Legacy and Unity UI QuestTrackers now have option to show description instead of name and completed entry text.
- Changed: Camera() sequencer command now uses Lerp instead of Slerp to move.
- Unity UI:
- Added Computer & Wheel2 dialogue UI prefabs.
- Added UnityUIColorText component.
- Added On Accept & On Cancel events to Text Field UI; Unity UI Text Field now auto-focuses.
- Added input loop example.
- Adventure Creator: Updated for AC 1.46; fixed bridge sync bug when inventory had empty slots that still had id numbers.
- articy:draft: Properties & features on dialogues are now converted.
- HUD Waypoint: Added persistent data component; added ability to load waypoint textures from asset bundles.
Love/Hate v1.3 is now available on the Asset Store! The major additions are a multiplayer guide and TradeSys support.
- Added: Multiplayer example & guide.
- Added: Wolf/rabbit/farmer simulation example.
- Added: FactionDatabase: CreateNewFaction()
- Added: FactionMember: SwitchFaction(), IRememberDeedEventHandler, IForgetDeedEventHandler, IModifyPADEventHandler, FactionMemberEvents component.
- Changed: Serialized FactionMember data now includes faction ID (since members can switch factions).
- Improved: Exposed FactionMember.DefaultEvaluateRumor().
- TradeSys: Added support. This is a work in progress and will develop further based on developers’ needs.